The Gympie Volunteers Fire Brigade was established at a public meeting held at Town Hall on this date in 1900. It had taken a year for the Gympie Municipal Council to get permission from the governing authorities to make this possible. The first Fire Station building was built during 1902 after Council decided on the site on Caledonian Hill where the current Fire Station still stands.
Past Forward. G150 Celebrating 150 years of Gympie.
This content is a part of G150: Celebrating 150 years of Gympie.