This site contains information relating to the Roads and Streets of Gympie and the surrounding areas as well as information relating to persons and events in conjunction with this subject. The site is managed by Gympie Regional Libraries, which is a service of Gympie Regional Council.
Gympie Regional Libraries reserves the right to alter the following conditions and terms at any time and are therefore subject to change.
This site is moderated by Gympie Regional Libraries. Any stories, photographs and comments can be posted, edited or removed at Gympie Regional Libraries discretion.
All stories and comments must be the original work of the contributor. All photographs must be the original work of the contributor and/or uploaded with the permission of the creator.
Please note that:
• The stories submitted to the site may be edited in order to ensure correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• The images submitted to the site may be edited – this includes cropping, re-colouring and digital enhancement.
• Gympie Regional Council is not obliged to publish items submitted to the site and reserves the right to reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, defamation, offensiveness and other legal considerations.
• Submissions which are commercial nature will not be accepted onto the site.
It is understood that the contributor holds the copyright to their material but Gympie Regional Libraries has the right to:
• Hold the material in its collection
• To display the material online
• Allow this material to be used for the purposes of education, information, entertainment and general interest
• Allow this material to be used for exhibitions, presentations, publications and online
If a third party wishes to use this material permission must be obtained from Gympie Regional Libraries and it is agreed that the original intention of the material is not to be modified or altered and that the material will not be commercially exploited.
Comments – Moderation Policy
To ensure the content remains appropriate comments and/or posts on this site will be moderated by Gympie Regional Libraries.
We will edit and/or remove a comment or post that:
• Is off-topic
• Is defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful this includes the use of any abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language
• Endorses commercial products or activities
• Violates copyright laws and/or other licenses
• Invades anyone’s privacy, reveals the identity of another user or impersonates anyone
• Encourages conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability
Comments are not published until they have been moderated. Email addresses are required but are not displayed on the public site. They are visible however to the contributor of the story or photo and to moderators.
Gympie Regional Council collects personal information where it is directly related to a function or activity of Council and where the collection of such information may be reasonably considered as necessary for that purpose. It will only use personal information for that purpose, and will not disclose it, except as permitted under the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Your user identity and/or email address is not recorded unless you choose to send us a message or contribute to the site.
Your personal details that are collected will only be used for the purpose of the Gympie Regional Memories project. The supply of this information is voluntary.
The information collected as a result of this project will be accessible to the public, with the exception of contact details. It is permissible to use an alias or pseudonym for your contribution, but the Gympie Regional Libraries must have your proper name.
Gympie Regional Libraries is not accountable for the accuracy of the information contained within the stories found on the site. As such the Gympie Regional does not check the accuracy of the information in the stories and/or posts. The opinions expressed and the information provided are those of the contributor and therefore the Gympie Regional Libraries cannot be held accountable for the opinions expressed in any of the posts, comments or stories found on the site.