Terms and Conditions For Submitting Stories
I understand that by giving consent, the Gympie Regional Council can use and retain the name, image, sound or other recording, personal property or copyright material of the Participant for the following purposes:
- public relations, promotion, advertising, reporting and planning, commercial activities;
- use by the media in relation to activities that show the Participant in a positive light, e.g. award presentations, donations or sponsorships;
- the activities, if any, identified in the Consent Schedule accompanying this Consent and Release Form
I understand that this consent will continue until I, the Participant, or where the Participant is a child, the Participant’s parent or guardian, withdraws consent in writing to Gympie Regional Council. If, at the time that consent is withdrawn, the Gympie Regional Council is using the Participant’s name, image, sound or other recording, personal property or copyright material, or if the Gympie Regional Council have entered into contractual obligations in relation to that material, the consent will continue until the use or the contractual obligations come to an end.
I understand that ‘use’ includes:
- to create, make copies of or reproduce or retain in any form, including by camera, video, or digital recorder, webcam, closed circuit television, mobile phone or any other device; and
- to distribute, publish or communicate in any form, including in newsletters and other print media, television and via the Internet and Social Media Websites
- in whole or in part or in conjunction with any wording or drawings.
Social Media Website includes any website operated by a third party which facilitates the uploading and sharing of user generated content, including social and professional networking websites, web forums, blogs and wikis. The definition includes (without limitation) the following websites currently operated by Gympie Regional Council:
I understand that ‘retain’ means:
- Gympie Regional Council may use the image, sound or other recording, personal property (including artefacts), or copyright material unless I withdraw my consent.
- Gympie Regional Council will not pay the Participant for giving this consent or for the use of the Participant’s name, image, sound or other recording, or for the personal property (including artefacts), or copyright material.
- This Consent and Release Form does not transfer ownership of intellectual property to the Gympie Regional Council. Intellectual Property Rights still apply to the image, sound or other recording, personal property (including artefacts), or copyright material.
- This Consent and Release Form permits Gympie Regional Council to use the material for the purposes stated above.
- Nothing in this Consent and Release Form limits the rights that Gympie Regional Council has in relation to the use of the Participant’s name, image, sound or other recording, copyright, or other intellectual property under any other law.