Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company
Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company.
The Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company was located on Tozer Street from 1906 and in 1925 built one of Australia’s largest butter factories, a reflection of the region’s prominence in dairying. [taken from: Gympie and the railway, presented at the Gympie Heritage Forum, May 23 2012 by Sean O’Keeffe, http://bit.ly/2pAnocG]
Butter Factory: designed and built by Messrs. J. Wildridge & Sinclair (Brisbane), Ltd, Australia for the Wide Bay Co-operative Dairy Association Ltd, Gympie. Capacity, 120 tons butter and 80 tons ice per week when working one shift of 8 hours per day for 6 days only. This photo was taken circa 1927.http://www.gympieregionthenandnow.com/