The Gympie Volunteers Fire Brigade was established at a public meeting held at Town Hall on 20 November 1900. It had taken a year for the Gympie Municipal Council to get permission from the governing authorities to make this possible. The first Fire Station building was built during 1902 after Council decided on the site on Caledonian Hill where the current Fire Station still stands. This building was moved to Stewart Terrace.
The Gympie Times reported on the establishment of the Fire Brigade and Fire Station.
This brings us to the Fire Station in Bligh Street as we know it today. This new station in Bligh Street was built in 1939 and opened on 24 August 1940. The Gympie Times reported on the opening of new fire station.