Gympie Courthouse/Land Office

The Gympie Court House/Land Office opened in 1875. This content is a part of G150: Celebrating 150 years of Gympie. #g150 #gympie150

ANZAC Day

As in all towns across Australia, Gympie commemorated ANZAC day each year with a march. For many years Captain George Thomas lead the march. This content is a part of G150: Celebrating 150 years… Continue reading

Bert Hinkler landed in Memorial Park in 1921.

Bert Hinkler landed in Memorial Park in 1921. The people of Gympie came out to see the aviator land in Memorial Park. This content is a part of G150: Celebrating 150 years of… Continue reading

Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company

Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company. The Wide Bay Cooperative Dairy Company was located on Tozer Street from 1906 and in 1925 built one of Australia’s largest butter factories, a reflection of the region’s… Continue reading

Natone Shipwreck off Rainbow Beach 1959

Natone Shipwreck off Rainbow Beach 1959.  The Natone was previously called the Wyatt Earp and had been to the Antarctic.  It was shipwrecked on its way down the coast from Lae in New… Continue reading

Nelson Reserve, Gympie

We have selected a few amazing images of Nelson Reserve in Gympie including an 1888 survey map of the area.

Floods in Gympie – 1955

Floods in Gympie – 1955 We can’t go past March without showcasing at least one flood in Gympie’s history. This one was in 1955. Information from the BOM we site states “Heavy flooding… Continue reading

Amamoor Experimental Farm

Amamoor Experimental Farm In the early 1900s an “experimental” farm was established at Amamoor. The farm included the new crops of bananas and pineapples. We found these articles on Trove: http://trove.nla.gov.au/ #g150 #gympie150… Continue reading

Goomeri Show

Goomeri Show We found some interesting articles about the Goomeri Show on Trove. The articles relate to date times, moving the showgrounds and inclement weather.0     It is amazing the little bits… Continue reading

Unveiling of the Nash Memorial

Unveiling of the Nash Memorial The ceremony of the unveiling of the Nash Memorial was held on Saturday 6 March 1915 outside the Town Hall. It was also a functional water drinking fountain.… Continue reading